The globalization era is characterized by the rapid developments in information technology, leading to the increasing interaction between countries, between regions and between individuals, with all its consequences and its impact, either positive or negative. The higher life demands and complexity, as well as competition grew sharply, requires power of adaptation. With changes in environmental conditions of life, the role of the HR (human resources) be very basic. During this time, many agencies and organizations have realized the importance of HR, seen from the way the labor recruitment by using PSYCHOLOGICAL TEST, which usually still oriented IQ, EQ, SQ INTELLIGENCE, etc and it turns out the role of “Intelligence” It is no longer relevant in this current era of globalization. Psychiatry and mental health efforts in Indonesia have long used the MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory) as mental health screening instruments since 1982. This examination was conducted by Dr. Rudy Salan, SP. KJ (K) etc in the Mental Health Directorate of the Health Department of Republic Indonesia. In the process, then widespread use by the psychiatrist in the rest of Indonesia, both in the sphere of education institutions, military health services, psychiatric hospitals and general hospitals. The purpose of doing this test is as “Mental Capacity Development”, so that people are able to face the challenges of this information age and globalization with properly and successfully.
“Mental Capacity” is the level of the individual’s mental ability to direct all its resources to achieve a specific performance, both resources from himself or from the environment. There are 5 variabels of “Mental Capacity” which was able to be judged through the instrument (Indonesian Mental Health Tests), with the sulk on Howard Gardner (2008):
- Creating Mind
- Synthesizing Mind
- Respectful Mind
- Discipline of Mind
- An Ethical Mind
All of it are integrated in one concept, that is: the MENTAL CAPACITY, rated with 5 variables that exist in (Indonesian Mental Health Tests).
- The potential of performance (Performance Potency)
- The ability of adaptation (Adaptive Capacity)
- psychological Barriers (Psychological barries)
- Risk behavior (Risk Behaviours)
- Integrity Moral (Moral Integrity)
Basic Personality (Personality Traits) is assessed too in this test with variables:
Indonesian Mental Health Tests is designed to meet the needs of Indonesia by referring to the concept and the new paradigm in the MMPI-2RF, maintaining the advantages of the MMPI-2 and MMPI-1 based on the empirical experience since 1982 used in Indonesia. So the display from Indonesian Mental Health Tests with 350 items are as follows:
- Validity Scales (7) (I-I-FR, RR, OR-C, OR-F, U-S. UR-I)
- Restructure Clinical Scales (9) (RCd, RC1-RC6, 2-3-7-8-9)
- Personality Psy-5 Scales (5) (AGRR, PSYC, DISC, NEGE, INTR.)
- Supplementary Scales (15)
• Disability Scales
• Gender Interest Scales
• Performance Predictor Scales
• Addictive Prone Scales
Autoprint of “Results Report” with Index skoring are as follows;
- Score Validity: 0-1-2 (Attitudes) to measure the level of the validity of the test.
- Mental Capacity Index (U.s.): 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 to measure the level of mal-Adaptive.
- Basic Personality Index (Traits): 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 to measure the level of flexibility.
- Clinical Profile (Clinical Profiles) for measuring the clinical symptoms display
From the data found, the professionals can quickly determine the extent of a person’s mental health at this time. Indonesian Mental Health Tests for adult and teen edition (2008) was proclaimed on August 8, 2008 in order to welcome 100 years Indonesia rise up and for the first time used widely on Legislative Elections 2009 candidate examination. Indonesian Mental Health Tests accepted widespread by because:
- Simple (only consisting of 350 items)
- Practical (the old test approximately 30-45 minutes)
- The concept of dynamic and fundamental analysis (synthesis of the flagship of the MMPI Generation 1-2-3)
- Valid & Reliable (supported by Indonesian research data, for both groups of patients or respondents with particular characteristics)
- Output in the form of an index score can accelerate decision making.